Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Zig-a-zig-ah

Zig zag throw

When I was back in California last fall, I bought an old chevron stitch throw in a flea market. It was so quintessentially Seventies Americana that I just had to make space in my luggage and haul it back to Taipei with me. It seems like everyone who had a crochet hook in the 1970s felt compelled to make one of these. Here are a few examples I found on Etsy. If you want to make your own chevron stitch throw, check out this vintage pattern. I thought about crafting my own, but I'm not sure if I want to spend all that time working with acrylic yarn -- these throws have to be acrylic, otherwise they aren't authentically scratchy! Click on each photo for a link back to the Etsy listing.

Zig zag throw

Zig zag throw

Zig zag throw

Zig zag throw

No comments:

Post a Comment