Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

11.4.2009 Why so ombre?

P1120056
Dress: Vintage clothing stall in Shida night market, fascinator: Giant Dwarf, cardigan: Banana Republic, boots: Sogo department store, long pen necklace: 1928 vintage reproduction, shorter necklace: Eric at Booday (蘑菇)

Today I went to interview the owner of Taipei's largest secondhand and antique store (it bills itself as an indoor flea market), so I figured I'd wear some of my own vintage things to fit in. My dress is from a tiny vintage clothing stall in Shida night market (my favorite night market... it's in an area that caters to university students, so it has a lot of cool things). The stall sells mostly t-shirts, but they also have a few dresses imported from the US. I love how the print on this one looks like an ombre wash from far away.

P1120063

My lovely necklace is by Eric, the same artist who made my lion necklace a few entries back. I wish I had a better picture of this piece. He made it with a couple different types of gold-tone chain and glass pebbles, in addition to the stork charm. One of the things that I love about Eric's work is that he combines vintage US celluloid charms with a modern Taiwanese aesthetic, so I feel like his necklaces represent two things I love pretty well!

P1120073

I adore my Giant Dwarf fascinator! I have three others, in green, red and yellow tones.

P1120077

To reiterate, I adore the print on this dress! I had a picture without the cardigan, but I looked really psychotic in it (seriously), so I think I'll save a full-length shot of the dress for another entry.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome pattern on that dress! I love my Giant Dwarf fascinators too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely today, I'm having difficulty imagining your psychotic photo! Oh and I love the fascinator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is beautiful and I adore your fascinator.

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really love the dress...the patern is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is gorgeous. And I love your fascinator!! It looks so cute on you.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete