Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I'm Sproutin': Gingham to me

*Reposted with photos you can actually see. Thanks to Elaine for pointing that out to me!

P1140066
Vintage shirt dress: bvikki vintage, tights: Urban Outfitters, shoes: Aldo, cardigan: Muji, belt: Forever 21?, squirrel necklace: Haoshi (close-up photo here)

These photos were taken before Lunar New Year! It seems so long ago. I can't believe it's already March. I'll have to start planning my summer wardrobe soon. It get so hot and humid in Taiwan during the summer that dressing becomes an art. The hard part is that I don't like sleeveless tops or t-shirts and I'm not a big fan of shorts or short skirts. So that pretty much knocks out 90% of my options. I might just have to buy more vintage shirt dresses.

P1140069

This will have to be short post because our cat, Taroko George, is playing a game called "knocking stuff off of stuff," but I just want to add that my dress is from bvikki vintage. Becca also keeps an amazing blog of the same name that compiles images from vintage African-American publications.

11 comments:

  1. Yay for Bvikki Vintage! I love her blog and wish for more updates! And yay for your incredible shoes.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute vintage dress! i love shirt dresses too, they never go out of fashion :)

    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shade of blue! that dress looks absolutely perfect on you! :)
    xo,
    claire

    mamushkamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gingham, no matter when worn, reminds me of summer and picnics. Good on you for the summery feeling in your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is so so pretty! you look gorgeous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how well your netted leggings go with those bone-coloured shoes!

    Haha it's sweltering over here in Singapore right now, but the problem is that people are overcompensating for it with air-conditioning, so it's pretty hard to dress for the weather, both outdoor and indoor XDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress, such a gorgeous blue and the length is so pretty, not too long, not too short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this skirt length on you: I could never do it, but it goes so perfectly with your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally oggled thoes shoes at aldo before, but could not afford them. but oh how you rock them well!

    ReplyDelete