Chester the Retrobot
The first Legumes of the Week of 2010 covers everything from vintage Nintendo game characters to knitting patterns. Happy reading!
- Plastic and Plush features hand-stitched 8-bit Nintendo character cameos!
- The Happiness Project challenges you to make one small resolution and stick to it.
- It is Nancy's new blog makes pairs Nancy's outfit photos with her beautiful, dreamy fashion illustrations.
- Daydream Lily makes art from dollar store doilies.
- Milk Tooth shares atmospheric stills from The Secret of Roan Inish. I really want to watch that movie now!
- Track the changes in the style and typography of "The End" titles in Warner Bros. films from 1925 to 1967 (via Mark Simonson Studio)
- In addition to an awesome blog, Second Skin also has the most amazing and touching New Year's resolution ever -- 52 (or more) letters to people she feels like she failed in some way.
Yarn pirates take note! There are some awesome new patterns out there...
- Herringbone Opera Gloves from The hour we knew nothing of each other
- Beautiful mitts and a shawl that combines jaunty stripes with romantic lace from Through the Loops
- Mesh crochet necklace from a common thread. This one is very versatile -- I can see it complementing different styles when made in different yarns.