Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The little details in "Elizabeth"

screenshot_06

"Elizabeth" was one of my favorite movies when I was in high school. As a (former) theater geek, I adored the little details in the costumes, like the motifs embroidered onto Elizabeth's mesh sleeves, layers of jewelry, ribbons intertwined with braids and the scallops on Dudley's jacket.

elizabeth4

screenshot_04

screenshot_29

screenshot_02

screenshot_08

screenshot_27

screenshot_18

screenshot_14

screenshot_24

screenshot_29

screenshot_22

screenshot_09

screenshot_11

screenshot_16

screenshot_20

screenshot_36

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous. I adore any costume drama that makes me want to wear huge dresses and crowns.

    Lulu Letty

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i am a fellow theatre geek too! high five. oh how i miss spending summers at summer drama camp. i love this movie too. basically anything with elaborate costumes, and royalty, and cate blanchett (love her!!) is a winner in my book. ~joelle

    ReplyDelete