Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What I'm Sproutin': Aughty Go-Bye Nautties

RIMG1142
Dress: Macy's, cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft, scarf: Oasis, gloves: Modcloth, boots: Breeze Center (威風廣場), beret: Muji
Whenever I upload outfit photos to iPhoto, I put them in a folder and give them a name. Well, these photos were taken about two weeks ago and I have no idea what the heck I meant by "aughty go-bye nautties." But I am keeping the name, because it cracks me up (yes, I am one of those people who laughs at her own jokes. Or in this case, non-jokes).

RIMG1135

I remember being really obsessed with nautical-themed outfits when I was in sixth grade. I had a white sailor shirt, which I wore with white shorts; that same year, I wore a really awesome navy blue dress in what was perhaps my most unflattering school photo. I wish I still fit into it! As it is, I'm still looking for my perfect sailor dress. Andrea from A Cat of Impossible Colour showcased a really awesome one recently. It's a vintage Laura Ashley dress that's been hemmed. I saw a similar one on eBay right before I moved to Taiwan. I still can't believe I didn't buy it!

If you've been curious about the random boards that have been showing up above my head in the past couple of outfits posts, wonder no more! It's a giant dragonfly!

RIMG1130

It's part of an advertisement for this year's Taiwan International Floral Exposition. That reminds me of the time my parents, aunt and cousin went to a orchid expo in San Franciso. I was back home for spring break from college and told them to just drop me off on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley so I could do some thrift shopping. That was a ruse; what I really did was go into a body piercing salon and get an industrial. My Mom was all like "we leave you alone for three hours and you get a steel bar punched through the top of your ear!?!" I really loved my piercing, but unfortunately it developed a keloid after a couple of years and I had to take it out. Boo-hoo-hoo.

5 comments:

  1. i want a duplicate of your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been absolutely LOVING your style recently. The nautical dress is amazing!

    http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so freaking adorable! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love the last photo, it's so cute! And you look really cute in this outfit btw! I love all the blues in here :D
    And I'd been wondering bout the colour wheel in the background of your recent shots... never expected it to be the tail of a dragonfly! That is so cool XDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun and nautical! I love how punchy this outfit is, even though it's mostly monochromatic.

    ReplyDelete